Late 1950s acrylic
1960s Microvoid® III
HLF clean air work station
1970s Microvoid® IV B
clean air work station
for the micro-electronics
Class 10 Fume Hood
Fume Hoods and Casework
Process Station with
Robotic Transport Arm
Air Control, Inc. has been a leader in the controlled environment industry since our founding in
1959 as a division of publicly traded NARCO Scientific. Since the beginning
Air Control has been an innovator in the industry, working with our clients
to introduce proprietary laboratory and clean solutions.
- 1959 - First products were controlled environmental chambers in
acrylics for hospital labs.
- Early 1960s - One of the original designers and manufacturers of
laminar flow hoods.
- 1960s - First designer and manufacturer of polypropylene wet process stations east
of the Rockies.
- 1960s - Pioneer in cleanroom technology and powder containment.
Incorporated HEPA filtration into proprietary solutions.
- 1960s and '70s - Perfected the art of polypropylene fabrication to
meet the needs for equipment that could stand up to the use of caustic
- 1975 - Air Control, Inc. was spun off into private ownership. Design
and manufacturing facilities moved to North Carolina.
- Late 1980s - Met the challenges of the recession in the semiconductor
industry by rethinking the manufacturing process, increasing efficiency
and production, and reinforcing our commitment to quality control.
- Early 1990s - Computerized our design and engineering departments
- Mid to Late 1990s - Introduced CAD/CAM robotics into our manufacturing
- 1990s - Introduced our knowledge and experience from the
pharmaceutical and semiconductor markets to the general laboratory market
with the introduction of polypropylene casework.
For over 40 years as one of the original fabricators, our experience working with polypropylene,
PVC, polyethylene, acrylic, Lexan, stainless steel, coated steel, laminates,
and other materials, position Air Control as
unparalleled leaders in the quality manufacturing of cleanroom process
equipment and laboratory furniture.